Create Venture Capital rooted in the University
The University develops potential entrepreneurs and supports those who start a business based on research results conducted at the University to create and increase venture capital rooted in Kyushu University. Moreover, to accelerate it we maintain and implement a “Support program for the seeds of venture capital rooted in the University”.
- Education for entrepreneurs (Collaboration with Robert T.Huang / Entrepreneurship Center QREC).
- Consultation regarding starting a business from faculty, administrative staff and students of the University
- Support before starting a business (Promotion of on-campus gap fund program, collaborative support with outside experts)
- Support after starting a business (preferential treatment, general support, support for collaborating with outside experts)
◆Outline for Consultation regarding starting a business
○Support program for the seeds of venture capital rooted in the University
- ・On-campus open research grants have been established (since AY 2016) to test the results of research (seeds of business) done by Kyushu University faculty members for practical use.
- ・Promote the creation of venture capital rooted in the University that is based on the research results of faculty members who are eager to start a business
- ・It is the first gap fund system of Kyushu University aiming to help people start a business as their main support.
An overall outline flowchart of the Support Program for the seeds of venture capital rooted in the University
- * To prevent “not prioritizing customers feedback” which is easy for a venture capital rooted in the university to fall in to, we combine product testing with customer feedback.
- * Accepting advice and evaluation by outside screening teams made up of experts of venture capital and taking one bigger step to start a business
- * Companies founded: 16
Safe Approach Medical Corp., KAICO Corp., Deep Flow Corp., Tabeteku Corp., Megwel Corp., Palmens Corp., Science Groove Inc., Sound Corp., Theolyse Corp., Hatta Yamamoto Propulsion Engineering & Research Co.,Ltd, NOVIGO Pharma Corp., HaKaL Corp., Institute for 2D materials LLC., Japan Carbon Cycle Lab., Inc., chicktek Corps., F.MED Corp., Beforce Corp.